Leveling a hump in a hallway floor

I am putting a laminate floor in my living room and hallway. I have a hump that is about an 18th to quarter inch in the center of the hallway that I want to correct before I put the floor down. The subfloor is 1/2" plywood, felt paper then 1/2 inch of partical board on top of the felt paper...all over 16' centers for the floor joists. I pulled the partical board off in the hall and now would like to put down a 1/4" of something like luan plywood and then leveler to fix the hump. Does that sound like a workable solution? The flooring is BHK Moderna with the pad attached to it. The part I am working on is about 11 feet long. The hallway is 30" wide. The floor seems sound. I think the hump is from settling of the house or a floor joist that is a bit high in that spot. There is no other evidence of water damage or anything around the area. Any ideas of suggestions would be appreciated.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.