new thermometer for 2 stage furnace

My sister has the following: a TRANE XL 80, model #TUD080R936A1, an upflow, gas-fire, 2-stage fan assisted combust. There are 5 wires. The thermostat is also a TRANE - no model number that I could find but it's the old kind (not digital, notprogramable, etc). She wants to install a 7 day programmable thermostat--can it be done and what model is a good one. Thanks.

Reply to
patliz1

Simple. Buy Honeywell.

retail version)

trade version...note, it really ISN'T pink as shown in the photo).

Reply to
Travis Jordan

This one of the best stats out there but you'll probably need a pro to install it. Cool site too...

Joseph

I have a trane XL80 and installed a 7 day programmable thermostat. The thermostat came with wiring diagrams for every situation. I just matched my wires to their diagrams. I have a Lux thermostat but they may all have those diagrams.

Reply to
suenoir