I don't like my linoleum

We put new sheet vinyl in two rooms and a hall and it's really thin and the edges are coming up. The installer patched the middle of the floor that had bumps in it and the splices looked bad and now are coming up. It was a real bad job, which the company agrees and is willing to replace at no cost...

My question is whether it would be better to put in tile that can replaced easier, one when needed, even though it is glued down, right? I mean the crappy sheets have a bunch of other rips from things like opening a sleeper bed and moving a refrigerator.

I installed some self-adhesive tile in 3 bedrooms and like it a lot, especially compared to the Congoleum, but it isn't perfect. Sometimes a tile sticks up, etc. but I assume that a pro installed tile floor would be better than the vinyl sheets...

What say you?

Reply to
formerly known as 'cat arrange

I say please don't call vinyl "linoleum".

Reply to
E Gregory

I put red shag carpet in my kitchen. It hides crumbs and grease very well.

Reply to
Matt

I say ceramic tile over a sound substrate would be much better.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Be careful about putting the sticky tiles down. If the sun can hit them they may shrink a bit and open the joints.

Charlie

"formerly known as 'cat arranger'" wrote in message news:jONQd.90576$0u.23440@fed1read04...

Reply to
Charlie Bress

I will never use vinyl flooring again. Removed some 10 year old stuff and couldn't believe the plastic smell underneath it after 10 years. Must have been stinking up the house all that time with a vinyl odor that people just got used to and accepted as normal. We replaced it with laminate after doing a smell test.

"formerly known as 'cat arranger'" wrote in message news:jONQd.90576$0u.23440@fed1read04...

Reply to
Art

Also think twice about using them in a kitchen. We rented a house about 10 years ago that had tile squares in the kitchen. Apparently the folks before us fried a lot of food and the tiles would squish around because of trapped grease. Yuck.

Reply to
Dee

Ooooohhhhhhhhhh Aren't we touchy !!! It's ALL linoleum, you idiot. Yes, I am fully aware that TRUE linoleum was made from burlap and linseed oil, and is no longer manufactured for common use. However, it's ALL known as linoleum even today.

Now go to your room, tell mommy to slap the shit out of your butt, and take a nap. Feel free to post again after you are well rested and your temper tantrum has ended.

Reply to
social_therapist12