New Dishwasher

I forgot to mention that we have deliberately avoided the stainless steel look -- the "new Avocado." But we did insist on one with a stainless steel interior.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Around here a house with a pool generally sels for LESS than one without as the demand for pools is low.

If you are REAL lucky, you might get 50 cents on the dollar for the pool when you sell. (but then we are not far from the great lakes in any direction, and many smaller lakes as well - and we have some pretty good municiple pool facilities )

Reply to
clare

It depends on the market but you're right. a pool can draw the price down. But it takes strategy. Sell your house June, July and August in Central TX. Here you add 30 or 40k if you have a pool.

I thought owning a pool was expensive but for what you get out of them. Kids love pool parties. So do adults. Public Pools? Nah....I swim in hotel pools when we travel but I went to our public pool and it was right out of Southpark...the water was too warm. kids everywhere. I didn't see one go to the bathroom.

Reply to
Master Betty

We have to pay tax on the $500 one. But the installation is not taxed here in Texas.

We can still make internet purchases here w/o taxes. This will be taxed through my property and the sales tax. The county sure seems to think this place is a hot seller. Jacked it up this year for more than what I paid for it. a holes but our market is good. Texas good, California.bad.

Reply to
Master Betty

Do it the best way you won't get any leaks. I have all copper on the D/W line and the icemaker line--no leaks so far after 19 years, why change? A battery-operated water detector is cheap insurance too.

If you can live with a noisy dishwasher get the lowest priced one that suites your finish/color. SS finishes may cost more and a SS interior cleans dishes no better than a PVC tub. You can wrap the unit with polyspun filler material to help reduce the noise. Reliable brands: Bosch, Whirlpool, Kenmore

Reply to
Phisherman

My Bosch has a LED display showing a status icon and time remaining, but I bought that model due to the low 47 dB rating. A DW rated at

42 dB would be sweet, but carries a high cost.
Reply to
Phisherman

The "cheap" Kitchen Aid is 54 dBA while the more expensive is 41dBA. Price difference is about $500 I'm not sure what the rating is on our 4 year old model, but for us, it is quiet, but not a big deal. Most of the time I turn it on either late at night or early in the morning and no one is near the machine when it runs.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski