What the difference between PEX pipe and PVC pipe?

I am curios what the significant differences between two more popular plumbing pipe PEX pipe and PVC pipe?

Reply to
Jay Moreno

There are many differences between the different types of plumbing pipes you have listed. Cross-linked polyethylene commonly know as PEX has become a commodity in the plumbing world replacing all types of prior piping such as copper, PVC, and even PB. PEX tubing is highly regarded for being advantageous in the field of installation, and it offers many other pros that PVC does not. PEX is applicable for radiant heating systems, half the price of PVC, has a longer lifetime expectancy, freeze resistance, and can be installed with 40% less fittings than PVC. PEX piping is also legal in all 50 states in the U.S. and Canada, not too mention it is installed without any type of glue or primer. I read a lot about this information online before I installed PEX into my home. A great site I found with great articles relating to the subject was Canarsee.com. If you'd like to read more on the topic of your question try this link, I'm sure it will answer any questions you might have.

disqus_1ldADFwgs4

Major differences between PVC and PEX just two. PVC is not rigid and use for Sewage, while PEX used for potable water or hydronic heating systems.

Reply to
disqus_DhveI8rpfu

PEX the best!

Reply to