New Built-In Dishwasher Height

I have a rental unit and it is time for the old Hotpoint to go. However, the underside of the counter is 33.5" and the new units that I have shopped seem to be 34.5". Can some one lead me to a solution that does not include ripping out the counter? Preferreably a built in that is only 33.5"H. The width of 23.5-24" still seems to be std.

Thanks, Larry

Reply to
Larry B.

The shortest height opening for a dishwasher I've seen is for the Equator brand which according to its installation instructions (page

17) needs as little as 32-3/8" of clearance.

Installation Instructions
Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Hi,

Seen several that had 33&3/4 min height :( ....found a Smeg that

32&1/4 high...
been seen from above link.

You can see many of the manufactures site all from on place...

what you're looking for? Get right to the manufacturer's web site.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Can been seen from above link.

Including installation, $600-$700 is more that I had hoped to spend on a rental unit dishwasher. Wow.

I wonder if leveler adjustments would make for allowances in the stated heights. Hmmm. Any thoughts there? Also, do you know of any sites that have good comparative reviews of different mfg and models, plus reliability histories?

As long as I am asking, why not shoot for Mars?? LarryB

Reply to
Larry B

I've been looking for a small dishwasher to put in my bar and found several import units (of questionable quality) that were quite small but domestically the only one I've found so far is Amana. They are 33-1/4" if you omit the top trim strip, otherwise 33-1/2".

Brochures/amana-dishwasher.pdf

RB

Larry B. wrote:

Reply to
RB

> Can been seen from above link.

Hi,

The legs will adjust on all built in d/w's....but your right most have a min height of 34&3/4 inches or 34 inches and will adjust up to 35-36 inches. Maybe if the legs where removed it would be low enough? GE example...

Some consumer opinions can be found from below....
jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Have you removed the bottom panel fromthe old dishwasher. There may be a step down in the flooring to give you clearance but getting the new one in and old one out could be difficult. I bet if you remove the bottom panel you will find that the flooring stopped under the dishwasher.

Reply to
Art

Thanks RB, I checked out Amana and its built ins have a min height of

33-3/4". See

However, removing the levels might buy 1/4". I am not sure about what the top trim suggestion is about. I may have to see one to know.

Thanks a lot!!

The earlier suggestion about seeing if the floor drops below that the unit is a good one. I'll ck for a kickplate.Thanks.

LarryB

Reply to
Larry B

Go to your local lumber supply and look for a piece of molding that matches your cabinets on either side - fill in the openings with that molding. The prefinished kind looks OK, but if you can finish, might match yourcabinets better. Or, go different and make the molding look like part of the washer installation. Been there, done that, works good, lasts long time (WGLLT). POP

to go. However, the

I have shopped

does not include

only 33.5"H. The

Reply to
Pop Rivet

Here's the foot note from Amana's documentation.

**For models ADB1200A and ADB2200A only, height without top trim strip is 33 1?2 (85.1)min.,35 1?4 (89.5)max.; height with top trim strip is 33 3?4 (85.7)min.,35 1?4 (89.5)max. *To order custom wood or stainless steel

Good luck.

RB

Larry B wrote:

Reply to
RB

Hi RB, that's great!!

Thanks!! Larry

Reply to
Larry B

I hope not!! If that is the case, I WILL have to remove the countertop to get it out!

LarryB

Reply to
Larry B

Hey Pop, that is how this one is installed. I hope to re-use the molding. Thx

Reply to
Larry B