new bathtub wider...

Our existing tub is 60" x 30" in a 3-wall niche. We are going to replace it with a whirlpool-type tub, e.g., Jacuzzi Luxura 5 or 530. The Luxura 5 is 60" x 32", giving a little more elbow room. The question is, how will the plumber deal with the drain being 1" offset from the current tub?

TIA

Ed

Reply to
Jag Man

Depends. Is the thing on a slab? Will the bottom of the tub sit real close to the floor/slab? Could be tough. Basement access? Much, much easier.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

It's on a slab. Should have said that in the first place... sorry.

I just looked at the installation specs at Jacuzzi.com. Says the tub MUST rest on the floor, so there has to be a slot cut for the drain pipe going over to the overflow pipe. Just looking at the existing tub, it must be the same way. So my guess is the slot will have to be widened or something.

Ed

Reply to
Jag Man