Neighbor problem (long)

This idiot live 2 streets over from a friend of mine.

Ron

You will never - repeat, *NEVER* - get him to comply or change. There is only one cure...

  1. Buy his place (perhaps with other neighbors?)
  2. Resell or rent it to a neatnik
Reply to
dadiOH

Reply to
Lil Abner

Everything I've read here, just about, you don't have any rights. Let him pile his junk on your side even. Buy earplugs. Plant a huge windbreak. Sell, if you can now. apparently trash have all the rights.

Reply to
Lil Abner

He has the same rights as you do. If his exercise of his rights offends you, there are numerous things you can do...

  1. Ignore it
  2. Block it
  3. As him to move it
  4. Call the zoning depertment. Frankly, I'd think they'd ROFLAO over that "mess". If you think that is a mess you have led a sheltered life.
  5. Leave
Reply to
dadiOH

You can add me to the guys that thinks it is no big deal. There are neighborhoods around here where every blade of grass must be in place, but fortunately I don't live in one of them. If you don't like ants and mice, what are you doing living in the suburbs?

Reply to
Frank

His place doesn't look that bad...go buy him out...probably make a mint. =3D=3D

Reply to
Roy

Because he doesn't like the rats in the city?

Reply to
krw

Then you can forget using Usenet.

Reply to
Robert Charles Browne

Hire an attorney to scour city ordinances and file complaints for every violation. Sounds like there are many there maybe he will get tired of paying fines for repeat offenses.

Reply to
A. Baum

Yeah, there are no ants or mice in the city......rolling eyes.

Reply to
Ron

A neighbor of mine complained in early april I hadnt cleaned up all the leaves left over from fall. It was early april and had snowed the previous weekend...

So that year my back yard got cut the first time for the 4th of july.

She never complained about anything again:)

God rest Kays sole, she wasnt a bad person but she was in everyones business.....

Reply to
bob haller

Nope - just RATS and COCKROACHES

Reply to
clare

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote the following:

Both 4 legged and 2 legged rats, the latter being the more dangerous.

Bill In Hamptonburgh, NY In the original Orange County. Est. 1683 To email, remove the double zeroes after @

Reply to
willshak

Ants and mice are everywhere, not just the suburbs. Actually, the mice in the suburbs and rural area are more colorful than their city cousins. I've caught calico mice of brown, orange and white coloration here in the rural area.

Reply to
willshak

Trespassing for one. What if he wanted to keep some of that stuff. Is it OK for people to come onto your yard and remove stuff they don't like?

Reply to
willshak

I've read all the responses so far and here are the facts as told by the OP. He helped the neighbor build a deck at his own expense and was never invited to the party. Right there, there is an animosity that cannot be resolved. Looking at the photo the OP provided, it seems there is a little debris piled in the back of the house. I've seen worse. It looks like the OP is the only one seeing the debris. Others might have the sight blocked by the OP's house. Some neighbor moved away because the offender did not mow the lawn. Not ever? The back yard looks as mown as the OPs. Maybe the neighbor moved away because of the OP's compulsive obsessive behavior.. Looking at all the above, my solution would be for the OP to move, or maybe break into the neighbor's house in the middle of the night and kill the whole family. That would render the house vacant, and probably the OP's house as well. Problem solved.

Reply to
willshak

I though the multi colored mouse might have been just local. Years ago I had a hot rod Vega wagon. A mouse set up housekeeping on the motor. I picked up one of the little ones still without fur. Her comes Mama from around the edge of the driveway. Up onto the motor and plucks the little one right from my hand. She was a beautiful chestnut, white and brown with black borders around the colors. I've never seen a mouse like that before or since.

Reply to
Lil Abner