Need Compression Style Shower/Bath Manifold

Washerless valve cartridges have been commonplace for many years. I think they're swell, but I need an old fashioned shower and/ or bath manifold that has replaceable brass seats, stems, and washers.

Home Depost is loaded with Danco kits for rebuilding these manifolds. The only problem is they don't sell the manifolds.

One of the bathrooms in my home is very small. It does have a nice size shower. The space inside the wall is very tight. Those large and heavy manifolds that they sell in the home centers would be a nightmare to install in this bathroom.

I can solder together almost anything so I was even thinking about building my own manifold if I could find a compression valve that has a replaceable stem, washer, and seat. Most of the compression valves sold in Home Depot and Lowes are all metric. They accept standard

1/2" or 3/4" tubing, but the stem, washer, and seat are metric. Not good!

My house is about fifty years old. The 3=BD" that you get inside of a wall studded with 2x4's is not available. On the other side of the shower wall is a closet. The folks who built this house put a 3/4" board inside the wall to support the closet. Now you know why I need a simple compression style manifold. Nothing else will fit inside this wall.

Reply to
h_markston

Local plumbing distributor...

--

Reply to
dpb

Can't you just use the one that is there, and put in new washers, and if neccessary stems? No soldering at all.

Have you tried that yet?

Reply to
mm