Need a cover for high shelves

I once made the style where there are plastic loops on the back with ropes running through them from the top of the curtain and attached to a bar at the bottom.

When you pull the drawstring, the curtain draws up until it hits a row of loops, folds over on itself and keeps goin until it hits the next row, folding over on itself once again. You end with horizontal layers of curtain at the top, with the whole thing being as wide as the distance between the horizontol rows of loops.

Does any of that make sense?.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Put up two rods curtains, one at the ceiling, the other halfway up. Offset the top one a few inches out from the shelves so the top curtain can overlap the bottom one aby a couple of inches.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

Make the boxes more "architectural" looking with a roller and whatever leftover house paint you can spare. Hopefully, you'll still have some paint left from the laundry room, and the boxes will be perfectly camouflaged.

That, or turn off the light.

That, or live with it. Utility rooms aren't meant to be beautiful.

Reply to
Father Haskell

I think they make a house wrap (Tyvek stuff) with Kevlar in it for "urban" situation.

Reply to
Pat

Okay, the "it's in your court scenario" isn't going to work.

So if she doesn't fall for that, she probably won't fall for lowering the light in the room until it's below the level of the shelf. Too bad.

So what about those old fashioned, cheap roller blinds that they used to put behind curtains to shut out light. You can still get them for next-to-nothing as any big store (Walmart, Kmart, Target, EtcMart). You know, the ones you pull down, and to raise them, you pulled them down a little more and they rolled back up. You could ceiling mount then to cover your stuff and they would be out of the way when you wanted access.

Reply to
Pat

Opaque shower curtains. Couple bucks each at WalMart. Shower curtains are only six feet, so you'll probably construct overlapping layers.

I had to use shower curtains for a couple of windows where the regular 60" curtains wouldn't work.

Before you dismiss the idea as double-goofy, go look at what's available.

Reply to
HeyBub

You mean she hasn't learnt the 'I could do that if I had a new tool' routine?

Reply to
Andrew May