NEC section for telephone wiring ?

Is there an NEC section for telephone wiring standards with wire specs and such ? OR so they just regulate the distance from power wiring ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

Article 800

It covers some requirements. You can also look at the EIA/TIA 570 document.

Reply to
Ron

I seem to recall seeing something on the FCC website, noting CAT-3 as minimum for in-house phone wiring.

-don

Reply to
DonS

That was the start of my inquiry actually. It seems the FCC passed a reg in 2001 requiring cat3 minimum for telco to support future networking. I'd like to check into the code book and see if the NEC has picked up on this.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

I would recommend going Cat5e even for phones. With phones/network all Cat5e and hopefully 'home run' to a central location, the wires can be interchanged for phone/LAN and other options, not just a daisy-chained phone.

Maury

Reply to
CMF

Reply to