name for type of electric switch

want to make Google search but need name for device. I need an AC switch that will automatically cut on and off every second. It is needed to open and close a circuit consisting of eight 15 watt bulbs simultaneously every second. What is such a switch called? Frank Georgia

Reply to
Frank Thompson

Flahser?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Aye.........sounds like you need an timer flasher....something like this perhaps? Link below.

avid_hiker

This might be in the bargain bin of leftover Christmas stuff.

Reply to
gfretwell

It's called a "cycle timer" . The time interval is usually controlled by a dial, but there may be some with fixed time intervals. You could also do it with an interval time relay

Reply to
RBM

Controller

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

I've heard of this kind of switch, but not every second though. What I was told was an "Emergency Flashing Switch". This switch is used to help emergency services identify your home when needed. You flick it a couple of times and then outdoor lights flash on and off.

Is this what you are talking about?

tom @

Tom The Great