My Seat Belt is too small

Horses are not permitted to ride inside a passenger vehicle.

Revised Vehicle Code 1154.80(c)

"No farm animals greater than a weight of 100LBS shall be permitted to occupy the passenger compartment of a motor vehicle including but not limited to cars,trucks and vans."

Reply to
A. Baum

Are you sure it's a horse, and not a donkey? I believe your ass is too big.

Reply to
K. Lance

I regularly take my horse for a ride on my truck. She sits in the passenger seat. I know it's required that anyone in the passenger seat wear a seat belt. But it's too small for her. Do they sell seat belt extensions anywhere? I shure dont want to get a ticket.

Joe

Reply to
rednekk69

Celebrity ponies are exempt from the law.

Reply to
A. Baum

Yes... seat belt extenders are readily available but you might need more than one. Depends on your truck model.

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

Where did you get this law? What state?

Have you ever seen this video?

Patches the pony rides in a car, goes to McDonalds, answers the phone, etc. Very funny and great for the kids.

Reply to
JoseGomez

No, only celebrity sheep are required by state law to wear them.

Reply to
A. Baum

April 1st was yesterday.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Screw seatbelts, they are a crock.

Reply to
LSMFT

Buy an old truck that was made before seatbeats were required. Pre

1964 if I remember right. Don't you have one out front between the old fridge and the boat trailer with one wheel?
Reply to
Dean Hoffman

No it's not, its TODAY !!!! You have your system clock set wrong.

Reply to
timekeeper

Buy and older car that was built without seat belts.

Reply to
Tony Miklos

It is impolite to call your spouse a horse. Tssssk.....

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Maybe not. Since some states are requiring companies to provide health coverage to various partners regardless of sexual preference, it should be no time 'til my HMO puts on a large-animal veterinarian. *THE* Bill Price of MW

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Since only one person actually answered your question correctly, I'll offer up another solution. If you go to your local dealer for your make of truck, you can obtain a seat belt extension for free. Just go to the parts dept and tell them you'd like a seat belt extension. They come in various lengths depending on the make of the vehicle. But they are free as required by some federal law. I've got one from GMC and one from Ford, because when the wife bends over to get stuff out of her yarn bag, the belt would become fully extended, then consequently lock her in place. (they're supposed to work that way on the passengers side for car seats) The extra length keeps it from extending out all the way.

Reply to
Steve Barker