My fridge is buzzing

I can't seem to locate what the problem is. do I need an electrician, you think?

thanks for any suggestions.

Reply to
Guess who

Not an electrician, possibly an appliance repair guy though. First, check out troubleshooting at

or

Edwin Pawlowski

To stop your fridge from buzzing, remove all the beer and send it to an AA meeting.

You need to say where the buzzing seems to be coming from; the compressor, under it, inside it, near the ice maker, near the timer (could be in back or built into icemaker).

Some things like relays and small transformers can develop a buzz that does not imply they are going to fail. Often this is a breakdown of the varnish on the coils or metal plates which allows them to move in the AC field but the part is otherwise functional. Try vacuuming all the dust out from under.

YOu can try pressing on the parts you suspect with a wood stick to see if the sound changes.

I assume it still gets cold, do you have a frost problem too? Ice maker working OK?

Let us know if you can tell what is making the noise.

Still clueless, now get an applicance repair guy. Fridge still works fine but just makes noise, wait for it to break and use the money for a louder TV set.

Reply to
PipeDown