Musty odor in storage room

I've got a standalone building in my back yard that I used for storage and left closed up for over a year. Now it has that characteristic musty storage odor to it, and I can't get it out for anything.

This storage room is like a standalone room in a house. It has wood paneling and a laminate floor. It's got windows, a door, and a small built-in air conditioner. It's about 11 x 19.

I've tried a window fan running 24 hours, and also tried an ionic air cleaner, but as soon as the unit goes off, the smell comes back. I've used a kind of "lava rock" odor absorber, which proved worthless, and even tried wiping down the walls with dryer sheets.

Do I have to tear out the paneling to get rid of the smell? Would a cubic yard of activated charcoal get rid of the smell forever? Any ideas are appreciated.

Reply to
BZ

Sunlight? A mirror? Remove the roof? I don't know.

Reply to
mm