Removing musty odor

I have a one-room building out back that's been closed up for a long time and has taken on that characeristic musty odor that storage facilities sometimes get. I've tried a window fan, but as soon as the fan gets turned off, the odor is back.

Would one of those ionic air cleaners solve the problem?

Thanks.

Reply to
BZ

what is in there?

Reply to
readandpostrosie

Maybe. Charcoal briquettes might be worth a try. I have friends who have used this method and swear by it ... never tried it myself. Not sure what they do ... absorb the odor?

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Call a fire or mold restoration outfit. They have industrial ozone machines that should take care of it. They also can take a look around and may spot a problem that you have missed.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Mostly books, also some Little Tikes plastic toys and some athletic equipment. It was shut up for over a year with a couch in it, and that's when the odor started.

Reply to
BZ