Mouse Traps

Every winter small field mice take up residence in my garage.

For two years I quickly got rid of them using Victor snap traps.

Last year I bought a an off brand of traps. I put out a dozen of these traps and caught only one mouse. The bait was stolen from the eleven other traps but only the one mouse was caught.

I compared the Victor traps with the off brand and found the springs on the off brand are much too strong.

I switched back to the Victor traps and have all but eliminated my mouse problem in less than a week.

Reply to
Freckles

I've found the Victor plastic quick set traps work well and are a lot easier to deal with than the old style spring on a board traps.

Reply to
Pete C.

I do best with Tin Cats.

Reply to
SteveB

The problem may solve itself in a week.

First cold snap, the field mice look for warmer climes. After about a week or two of cold weather, they all catch a bus for Florida or hibernate or something. Anyway, they tend to disappear on their own.

Next year, think cat.

Reply to
HeyBub