Mounting my two front speakers next to my 46inch flat

I am trying to mount my two front speakers next to my LCD TV. But I can figure out the best way to hide my speaker wire and connect them to my receiver without wires showing. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Reply to
antwanmyers

How will the speakers be mounted? On stands, or what? Brackets on the TV?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The only true way of hiding your wires is running them through the wall. It is basicly the same as adding a new electrical outlet. If your not up for that, get your wife to do some decorateing (pictures,plants,etc...) to hide the wires behind something.

Steve

Reply to
stephenburke72

The best way to hide the wires would be to use - wait for it... - Wireless Speakers!

DerbyDad03

That would be a way to avoid wires, but what is the best way to hide the wires.

Reply to
Dave Bugg

As the article itself says, "We still say that as yet, wired sound quality is superior."

Reply to
Dave Bugg

The best way to hide the wires would be to use - wait for it... - Wireless Speakers!

==============

Generally speaking, you're better off shopping for the best sounding speaker you can afford, especially if you view a lot of well-made music DVDs. The best sounding speakers may not be the wireless ones.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Were you maybe planning on putting crown moulding in that room? If so do it now and run the wire inside it. Or you can route a groove in the back of chair rail and run the wire in that groove and chair rail the room. Or just pop the base board and run it behind that. You may be able to hammer it between the carpet and baseboard with a piece of

1/8 inch lattice scrap. There is stick-on plastic channel that you paint with the wall. Wireless speakers sound like crap, go for wired.
Reply to
RickH

Paint the wires the same color as the wall. Or, you can install inside wall wiring with terminal plates.

Reply to
Phisherman

Look at Southwire's FlatWire products. The have flat speaker conductors and terminations (connectors.)

Boden

Reply to
Gary H

Wires showing? Why are you so interested at looking at the wires? Wouldn't it be better to look at the screen?

Reply to
Gary H