moen kitchen/bathroom faucet cartidges

I've got a couple of these cartridges still sealed in packaging. Is there a shelf live for these unopened new cartridges?

Reply to
Doug

I don't think so. I always keep one around in case I need it. Sometimes it's years before I use it.

Reply to
Frank

What is going to spoil????

Reply to
hrhofmann

They have charcoal in them. Half life of carbon is less than 6000 years, so I wouldn't hang on to one for more than 2-3000 years.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

By then they will have figured out how to wash without water, the faucet will be obsolete.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Rubber O rings could dry out.

Reply to