mobile home roofs

Hi All,

I've got some mobile homes - I regularly have to use white elastomeric roof coat to prevent leaks. After a few years, the roof coat turns brownish-black and looks pretty poor.

Is there anything I can use to seal these roofs permanently -- something that's absolutely waterproof that will not look tragic after a few years?

Reply to
Ben Turner

on 7/13/2007 2:01 PM Ben Turner said the following:

willshak

i'm sure there must be some brands of the white trailer coating that will retain their color better...there's one called "kool seal" or "kool cost" another product that is NOT elastomeric is made by henry's and is an aluminum colored emulsion, but not a normal emulsion, it is much better, i can't recall name but have used it, it is thin bodied and is very sticky to all surfaces, and seems to retain the aluminum color very well...

Reply to
s c r o o g e

Cool seal is what's usually put on in the plants, but it's not permanent by any means. About the only thing that I've seen that would be close to what your looking for is a "liquid" form of EPDM. It's not inexpensive, but would probably outlast what your currently using. I haven't used it, but my firm has done extensive work within the Manufactured Housing Industry and are familiar with its properties.

Here's a link to one such manufacturer:

regard this as opinion, not recommendation.

Reply to
Dennis