Metallic flex, PVC or solid metal conduit

Hello all,

From an existing junction box in the middle of my garage ceiling I need to run power to an external motion activated security light.

What is the best conduit for this, and what does the code require (I will check about the code with the San Jose CA city as well)?

BTW, garage is unfinished.

Thanks!

Reply to
Artur Deguzman

I'd use PVC if you can. It's easy to work with and fairly cheap. One can bend it if necessary with a propane torch or stick it in an oven. There are two thickness, schedule 40 and 80. That might affect your decision. Schedule 40 is easy to find.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman