Beer carbonation caps for liquid or for soda

How do you know by looking at it, what do you look for, what telltale sign is there, for a steel carbonation cap that is for gas versus for liquid?

Bought a few at a garage sale & I don't know what kind they are. How can you tell if a PET bottle carbonating cap is for gas or liquid?

Reply to
victor

What Bob said.

Plus, google for each kind and see if you can find something in the pictures/Images that distinguishes which one you have.

BTW, I know nothing about carbonation caps other than how to use a bottle opener.

Reply to
micky