Masks -- Maggie was right

Maggie is afraid of inhaling chemicals from masks. I had an experience this morning that was horrifying.

I was sitting in the bathroom, a usual daily thing, and the sunlight was bright through the window above. I tore off some toilet tissue and in the sunbeam, I noticed tiny paper fibers floating around. I could easily inhale those dangerous fibers.

In conclusion, no more toilet tissue for me. Clearly a danger so I will be searching alternate methods and picking leaves.

TP should be banned, a health danger to society.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

These fibers are only a hazard with excessive exposure in work places like cotton mills and the overwhelm the ability of your lungs to handle them. They are not like asbestos which gets stuck in the lungs and cannot be biodegraded or ejected by cilia. When I worked in fibers R&D we tested our man made fibers and they were no more hazardous than cotton.

TP is only a hazard if you eat it, particularly after usage.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Good to hear. Green leaves are OK, but when they dry out the edges are uncomfortable.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

On Fri, 3 Sep 2021 12:15:24 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to digest...

Use your washcloth. I thought you would know this stuff. I wasn't worried about a TP shortage.

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Fri, 3 Sep 2021 13:24:12 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to digest...

How about grass? Grass stains on your ass? OH NO! ;-)

Reply to
Tekkie©

Just don't use nettles - or poison Ivy/oak/sumac!!!

Reply to
Clare Snyder

On Fri, 03 Sep 2021 16:21:26 -0400, Clare Snyder posted for all of us to digest...

Scratch that 8-]

Reply to
Tekkie©

Old outhouse joke where guy was calling out the door for toilet paper and told there was none. Guy then called out to ask if they had change for a $5.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Supposedly, the real old timers on farms used corn cobs. That would've had to be before

1960 or so. It's too bad Sears catalogues had so many slick pages.
Reply to
Dean Hoffman

'Blue Jeans for You, Brown Lung for Me' Si Kahn

Reply to
rbowman