Man Steals Electricity With Meat Hook

Now that brings back memories! Gypsy (in the non-inflammatory sense of the word) construction crews camping in almost-finished apartments on the project site, 6 to a unit, in order to make the project deadlines for the later buildings and get the next draw from the bank on schedule. Illegal as hell, but quite common back in the day. Most of these crews were English-speaking, at least on the sites I was on. Sleeping bags, coolers, and paper plates. Most were very normal people unable to find work in their home cities, and trying to squeeze every penny to take home for the coming dry spell. A few bucks to the project strawboss was a lot cheaper than 'weekly rate' motels and eating out every meal.

Reply to
aemeijers

Your argument is varying. Not getting into this particular case here, you can legislate against stealing and every place in the world has outlawed many or most kinds of stealing, and at least some people are caught and puinshed for this violation of morals, and I'm sure some people don't steal for fear of the punishment. That seems like legislating morals to me.

Yet, your statement a couple lines earlier that the bankers are being prosecuted for operating within the law. Which are you concerned with, law or morals. That some immoral acts have been outlawed doesn't mean all have, as you point out.

BTW, a lot of people would say that altruism has been legislated. People are taxed, and not just an equal tax per person, but often proportionate** to income, and not a big percentage but some of the money collected is used to help refugees, orphans, the sick and injured, and poor people. Although those who are taxed may not actually be altruistic, hasn't altruism been legilslated. (My webbrowser and dictinoary are unavailable now or I'd look up the def.)

**In some cases more than proportionate, or less than proportionate, to income.

You have no evidence to say that. I'm curious where you think he benefited from affirmative action.

Did you not know the adjective is Democatic? When people; use a noun as if it is an adjective, at least here, they look ignorant or like a

12-year old calling another kid names. Which is it in your case?
Reply to
mm

Another confused soul, It's The Democrat Party not the democratic party, there is nothing democratic about The Democrat party. I suppose I'll have to start referring to Republican legislators as repulicanic. To bad you suffer from Liberalism disease, it makes you question the intelligence of anyone who disagrees with you. Bill Clinton was called our first Black President not because of his skin color but because of his behavior. Remember Marion Barry? Did Bill Clinton act more like Mr. Barry or more like Mr. Bush? Obama grew up in the era of Affirmative Action with Caucasian Americans being turned away from employment and higher education in favor of Negro Americans and the dumbing down of The American educational system to make everyone equally stupid because that's the only way to make it fair. That's why a high school graduate of 60 years ago could score higher on a test than a college graduate of today. I am astounded at the ignorance of those who came out of the same educational system that produced Obama. I hope I have some change left when his one term is over. The repair job is going to be a lot bigger and take a lot longer that what Reagan had to contend with.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

So because some blacks beneifitted from affirmative action, you claim Obama did too? You don't give any other explanation for your nonsense charge. Some people bought their houses with VA loans. Does that mean all vets did?

Talk about dumbing down education, where did you go to school?

Reply to
mm

It's not a charge you fool, I experienced it. Something attained without earning it is worthless. I've experienced the discrimination against Caucasian Americans and seen people receive preferential treatment just because of the high melanin content of their epidermis. My darker cousins who possess great intelligence despise Affirmative Action because it negates their intellectual achievements in the eyes of others who are less informed of the truth. As far as my own education, it's been my luck to have a very diverse educational background. I've often said I have no fear of terrorists because as a small boy, I had Irish nuns for teachers. I do have this irrational fear of albino penguins.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas