Luxaire Furnace, want to add AC to unit.

I have a Luxaire Natural Gas furnace Model - pcmu ld12n057b Serial ebbm032924

I want to add an AC unit but do not know if the above is compatible. I am trying to save some $$$. I can purchase a central air unit much cheaper myself than going through my HVAC Company. My plan is to do the physical install myself and leave on the final hook up and safety check for My HVAC Company.

I hate to go through all that trouble of buying, placing the unit, running electric, etc if someone is going to walk in here and tell me it can’t be done.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? What do i need to see on my existing unit to know I it is "AC Ready"?

Thanks Brad

Reply to
Bradley Hennon

First, if you want a properly installed unit that will give you years of service. Call your Local, Competent, Licensed, Insured, Trained HVAC company.

They will do a Manuel J & D to insure a properly sized unit. Install it by code. And do it Legally.

You have to have an EPA license to work with refrigerate. There are many tools & training needed to do the job correctly.

And if one is Very LOW in price, Beware. You can't do the job RIGHT, by doing it CHEAP.

Doing it right cost money now, but will saved money & headaches down the road. TRUST ME!!

And yes your furnace is set-up for air! Last, You shouldn't find a competent company that will finish your job. If they do, they probably anit worth having!!

-- kjpro _-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>

Reply to
kjpro

This is Turtle.

Hold on here a minute.

1/3 of my business comes from customer like the Bradley types here and your cutting off 1/3 of my business. Make a Turtle happy today and leave this fellow alone for he is setting up future business.

You have heard about save the whales well Save the Turtles by leaving this food out there for the turtle to have.

Don't mess with 1/3 of my business and save a Turtle today.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Hi CBHvac, hope you are having a nice day

On 04-Jul-03 At About 12:38:30, CBHvac wrote to All Subject: Re: Luxaire Furnace, want to add AC to unit.

C> From: "CBHvac"

C> Ugh.....old sucker..

C> This should be were I leave...but.. First...no reputable AC company C> will make a final install on customer bought equipment, and if they C> DO, no warranty on running..

There is one other thing I would like to mention here. if you think you are getting a deal by buying the unit yourself you are wrong. I have been checking the prices they sell to consumers for and they are more than a contractor charges.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2