Lowe's Lousy Inventory

Page 3 of 4

AZ Nomad wrote:

salty is not familiar with the technique I utilized to remove the attributes of certain posters while at the same time not removing their text. The technique is used for brevity in order to shorten the post while maintaining conciseness of expression.
salty, if you go back and look at the post in question you will observe how the attribute markers clearly identify the words you said as the words you said as well as how there is no attribute remaining for other words reposted you did not say.
I'm not arguing the point any further due to the fact you may be using a newsreader which uses indentations rather than actual attribute markers.
you are forgiven because that is what Jesus would do in any language He so desired to speak.

Take it to alt.christian.fuckheads.
Jim wrote:
[...]

Then you are wrong. If you are going to delete any attribute, then delete them all, and simply respond to the anonymous text. But your argument that deleting some attributes while leaving other makes it more concise is bullshit. One line attributes do not represent a burden to the reader and it maintains the integrity of the thread. What you do is dishonest.
[...]

Due to the fact you are aware what you are doing is dishonest, but that's just the kind of guy you are, jimmie.
Elmo wrote:

but then you Elmo, being astute alert and capable were actually able to make the realization on your own. I really do not mind restating how I respect and admire you Elmo for the corrective action you by your own determination chose to pursue. unique, rather. hi Ann...
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

You are correct - I've been watching to see if jimmie would ever admit to his blunder. He is notorious for screwing up attributes. I suspect he does it on purpose to piss off people who say things he doesn't like, but it may simply be he is too simple to understand or too lazy to care. The message he attributed to you and responded to was not yours, but save yourself the aggravation of discussing it further - just think of the "wrestling a pig analogy"...
AL
On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 21:11:05 -0700, Jon Danniken wrote:

Immigration policy is the government's business.
Lowes business is selling stuff to anybody who wants to buy it, even those who don't speak English, not determining immigration policy.
Jon Danniken wrote:

Hmmm, Where can you go then?
Tony Hwang wrote:

I go to the locally owned hardware store; they carry ACE stuff. If I want paint, I go to a locally owned paint store.
Better prices, better products, and the money stays in the local economy.
If you want to move to this country, great. Do it legally, learn English, and welcome to America.
Jon
I had much the same impression, the couple time I've been in Lowe's. I wish people would learn to speak American, which is noticably different than English.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

North America is a continent. The predominant language of North America is English. Mexico and Central and South America are also part of the Americas and the language spoken there is predominantly Spanish. Mexicans and South and Central Americans are speaking "American" too, just not the language you happen to prefer. They are here to stay, and their kids are learning to speak fluent English. In a generation or two they will assimilate just as people of other nationalities have. My Italian great grandmother never learned English even though she lived here for over 20 years. My grandmother was fluent in Italian and English and My father could understand Italian and German, but was only fluent in English. I can recognize a few words of Italian, only because I took a latin based language in grade school: Spanish. It doesn't hurt to broaden your horizons a bit and learn a little bit of another language. You may be surprised at how well it will serve you some day. America is a melting pot, people who come here do eventually learn the language, it doesn't happen immediately, it sometimes takes a generation or two, but eventually they assimilate.
The version of English spoken in the USA, I call American. Of course, there are regional accents and word usage within the Americn language.
Some politicians have changed the USA from "melting pot" to "salad bowl" where communities refuse to blend in. I think that's a shame.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I prefer "stew". Everything contributes a little flavor to the entire dish, everything takes on a little flavor from the other ingredients, and things tend to keep some of their own character. Much more interesting than blenderizing everything to a homogeneous mush.
Cindy Hamilton
snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com (Grizzly) says...

My mother's parents spoke German at home until WWI, when it became dangerous to speak German. Their church switched to English services at the same time. And yes, both of them were born in America.
--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.
Larry Caldwell wrote:

That's what happened to the Pennsylvania Dutch speakers in my area. This was a group distinct from the Amish (who still use a dialect of German) who continued to speak "Dutch" until the same time. There are remnants in the local dialect of English which eschews the use of "to be". Instead of saying something "needs to be done" it simply "needs done". Also the use of "let" and "leave" such that when the dog is inside and needs to go outside you "leave the dog out" while when the dog is already outside and you wish it to remain there then you "let the dog out". And as I have said many times, if John Lennon had been born around here the song title would have been "Leave it Be".
--
Always remember that it is impossible to speak in such
a way that you cannot be misunderstood: there will always

http://www.wfsb.com/family/20910122/detail.html
Well, the Book of Mormon is in 100 plus languages, so that's nothing new. We also have Spanish speaking congregations in the US. Wish they would teach American, instead of making the church cater to Spanish speakers.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Why do you even go to church? It's obvious you disagree with one of the core principles. Forget church, and join a white supremacist cult. Then you'll be among those who think just like you.
Oh, wow. I feel the urge to bear my testimony. Stand back everyone!
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Jon Danniken wrote:

Hi, Your name does not look like a native Indian. America/Canada is melting pot of multi culture. If you can't go to a store displaying multi lingual, I think there won't be many stores you can visit world wide.