Looking for a source of a gas burner.

When I was a kid we had a square cast iron gas burner (worked on NG & propane). orifices were ~ 1/2 in centers and the burner was ~ 9 X 18 to 20 inches.

I don't need a cast iron burner but do need something that has a somewat even flame over 9 X 18 /20 inches and works on NG (propane in addition would be nice)

TIA for all input

Reply to
NotMe

Have you looked at turkey fryers?

Reply to
trader_4

Have one of those but not what I need. Thanks for the reply.

Reply to
NotMe

Did that. I found nothing that gives me a retangular area and a uniform burner.

Reply to
NotMe

Thanks. One or two looked good but as I found out when I dug into the details those used catalytic burners which produced only heat no flame.

Frankly I can't find an online photo nor have I found anything in junk/antiques shops that comes close.

Reply to
NotMe

You could perhaps use two conventional burners or go for this one:

Bennett Price

Exactly what do you need it for, and what does it absolutely have to do?

Reply to
clare

I need a uniform/concentrated heat/flame source over a square area of 9 by

18-20 inch. I could use sand casting to build it myself but would rather find an affordable OTS solution.

would do the job but the cost is out of bed for my application so I'll keep looking/hooping.

Reply to
NotMe

Still don't know what you want it for (your top secret application) so impossible to give you an "out of the box" idea.

Reply to
clare