Locating Sewer Line Under Basement Floor???

I am wanting to put in a bathroom in my baesement. The house is 12 years old. I found a big C painted on the wall and a cleanout there. Does this mean the sewer pipes head out there?

There are three pipes (plastic) that come from upstairs and go down the basement wall and under the slab in different parts of the basement. My question is if these three pipes all meet somewhere before going out to the sewer in the front yard or do all three meet out in the front yard by the sewer. The reason I ask is I would like to know where the three pipes run under the slab so I know if one is close to where I want my bathroom. If they all ead to the cleanup area then that will run one real close to where the new bathroom will be. But if they head out to the fron yard first then it won;t.

Without a camera how can I tell where the pipes run under the slab.

Thanks!!

Sheila

Reply to
George

Could have been run either way. I strongly suggest you contact your bldg dep't for advice on this project before you get in too deep. On a house that recent, they may have inspection plans or someone in the dep't may remember what the practice was at that time. Mainly, they can keep you out of trouble down the road...

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

I agree and he may also need a backflow valve installed.

Reply to
Art

When we needed to know where our sewer line ran, I think our plumber ran a piece of flexible metal down the pipe and used a metal detector to follow the line, IIRC.

Brigitte

Reply to
Brigitte