Sewer Cleanout Cap Covers

Hey guys, In my partially-finished basement, I need to find something to cover the unsightly sewer cleanout cap in my wall. When the inspector looked at the house before I bought it, he said that they made covers you can screw right into it. There already is a cap there.

What are my options here?

Reply to
mike

Details man...details!

There are a lot of options. If the clean out cap is just an inch or two below the finished wall, Sioux Chief makes a cap with a small threaded brass insert I find them at our local Menards. These allow you to fasten a stainless cover plate like this: If this one isn't big enough, look around, they come in different sizes.

You can also take a small piece of wood, span the hole on the inside of the finished wall, and screw the cover plate to it. You don't have to fasten the wood to the inside of the wall...the screw in the cover plate tension on the wall will hold it in place.

Reply to
DAC

I just used the cover from a plastic jar some cookies came in. About 4" across. Just glue it to the wall or to the square knob on the cleanout cap, using Liquid Nails. Looks perfect. free

Reply to
Walter R.