Lint at exterior Dryer Vent

Hi,

Remove it...they are normally more trouble than they are worth!

The screens getting clogged up?....yes!

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

That's all the lint that would have collected in the flex duct - reducing efficiency & providing fuel load for a fire. I check the filter in the dryer and clean my outside cage. TB

Reply to
tbasc

I use hardware cloth (3/8" mesh) to cover the roof exhaust. It keeps out animals and doesn't get clogged very often.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

Animals don't get in while the dryer is keeping the door open, no animal worth its salt will approach the hot, wet wind that is smelling of washing chemicals and softener. They get in when the dryer is NOT working by opening the door (I have seen birds do this) and climbing in and building a nest. They can build a nest in a day, and totally block the duct.

Reply to
Eric Tonks

Looking for some information regarding lint build-up on the grate covering the exterior exhaust for my dryer.

Since changing over from the flexible tube to the straight metal pipe, I have had to go outside and remove the lint that has built up on the screen covering the dryer exhaust about every 10 days or so. I am hesitant to just remove the grate covering from the exhaust because it is supposed to keep out any critters while the dryer is operating and holding the cover open.

Is this common? Is there a reasonable fix? Has this question already been posted somewhere and I missed it?

Thanks- Jack

Reply to
Jack R.

Now that you got rid of that junk duct, the current one is allow much more velocity and it is likely cleaning out built up line in the system (this will reduce in time). You also may want to check your dryer's lint trap, make sure it is OK.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Just for what it's worth, screens on dryer vents are a code violation. For this very reason.

Dan

Reply to
Dan