Led vs LCD TVs and 720 pixels vs 1080.

You are on a roll for being wrong today. You couldn't be further afield.

Reply to
Judi Haffner

I give up. It's your money.

Reply to
Ron

Judi, are you a Pastafarian too? You know we're not to reveal ourselves out of fear of being sauced and consumed. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I see posts from there, and they have yet to try and sell me anything. Lots of people access usenet from commercial news servers which make a profit off of providing usenet access. That doesn't make those into sales pitches, either. Meanwhile, Stormin is ABSOLUTELY selling something with every post.

No, making a profit on something does not equate to advertising.

Making a sales pitch is advertising.

Reply to
Judi Haffner

Check your tv manual, I have 2, 8 yr old tvs, one takes 720p and the other 1080i, but neither have an hd tuner.

Reply to
ransley

:

Broadcast tv is 720p, so you are saying broadcast tv equals blue ray on a 1080p plasma at 10 ft? I find that impossible to believe.

Reply to
ransley

He doesn't understand the difference between the source resolution and the native resolution of the display. Watching 720P on a 1080P display is not the same thing as watching 720P on a display that has a maximum resolution of 720P.

Reply to
trader4

No that's not what I'm saying. I can't be any more clear than I was above.

Reply to
Ron

You don't even OWN an HDTV and you are "debating" this? Hilarious.

Reply to
Ron

Ron, I understand what you are saying. A 1080p TV can not render the same quality 720p picture as a 720p only, TV can.

Reply to
Bob Villa

You didn't say anything about the same source. The word source isn't in your comment anywhere.

If the source is 720p and you view it native then obviously it doesn't help any to have a 1080p capable display.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

If the source being viewed is 1080p (Blu-ray) on a 50" 720 TV from

10-12 ft away, it's going to look the same as it would on a 50" 1080 TV from 10-12 ft away. It's only going to look better on the 1080 as you move closer to the TV.
Reply to
Ron

You keep telling yourself that while I watch my bluray movies and play my ps3 at 1080p.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

I don't have to tell myself anything. It is well documented by many reputable sources all over the web.

Reply to
Ron

An excellent summary. Thanks.

Reply to
Oren

Oops..."ratio"

Reply to
SBH

I must have great eyes, but sitting closer is not a bad idea. You really need to be less than 10ft away with 1080p and 50" to apreciate it best. A 50" might be 45" wide across, for 3d 1.4-1.7 x width is best and thats means sitting 6ft away.

Reply to
ransley

And you have a nice HT system like I do, sitting any closer would completely ruin the sound stage.

Reply to
Ron

"ransley" wrote

It will do I or P depending the the signal received.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

wrote

If you need HDMI cables, go to Amazon and buy the $4 ones. They works as well as the $30+ cords. When I had my DirecTV setup, the installer left me a couple of extras also.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski