Leaking garbage disposal? ? ?

Our garbage disposal unit has developed a leak at the top point where the sink drain joins the disposal.

Is this simply a bad gasket, or does the unit need to be replaced. I've never worked on these units, and it looks difficult for a novice.

Reply to
Ray Jenkins

There is a rubber gasket in there, some are common, others special. You'll need to know the mfr/model to get one. If the thing is really old, consider replacement.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Can't say without seeing it. Could be the gasket, could be corrosion. Won't know until you take it apart. Taking off the drain line should not be too difficult, but do it on a day that you can be sure of getting new parts that you may need. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Check COnsumer Reports and buy a well rated one to have while taking the old one apart. Buy it at Sears (they make some of the top rated ones) and if you can fix the old one just bring it back for a refund.

Reply to
Art

Hi,

Make, model#??