Leaf vacuums

We are having fits with these little crab nebula stickerburrs that get into our two newest rescue mutt's fur. They don't stick to the corgi, but these other two are something else. It's a quarter to half an hour go get them out, and they sting.

Yeah, I've been all over the yard to locate them, but half an acre takes time, and they can sprout and produce in a few days.

I do not want to use Roundup, as we lost a dog to cancer, and the answer will never be known if Roundup had anything to do with it or not.

I think they are picking them up from existing ones laying around, as I walk all over searching for new sprouting plants, and they are easy to spot.

I am considering buying a vacuum, like a blower but in reverse. I've seen them for leaves, but they clog. These burrs are 1/4" in diameter, and would go right up the chute.

Anyone have any experience with these, good or bad? I would prefer a gas model.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I remember those things. Frankly I would be surprised to find that a leaf vacuum picks them up. A good boradleaf weeb killer would help but half an acre is a lot to treat. I think you are supposed to keep pets off for a day after any weed, fertilizer, or foliage control applications.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

Ignorance is not the best engine to drive a decision.

Ask Monsanto if Roundup causes cancer - I'm sure they'll give you the straight skinny.

Reply to
HeyBub

Spot treat with a weed killer.

Seems a stretch. I don't know if there are any studies regarding eating cat shit and cancer. -----