Laundry room vent to attic ?

Just for grins I started hanging out on the HACHI web site and I took the test. For $350 I could have been a HACHI "certified" Home Inspector. The "test" was a joke and some of the "right" answers were wrong. The working Home Inspectors there were asking the same kinds of questions people ask here and getting a lot of bad answers. Bear in mind, people were paying these guys. The strange thing is, when Florida started licensing Home Inspectors, just waving that $350 HACHI certification. Even with that license, here are a few things the HI missed at my kid's house.

The light in the closet

The fan "light kit".
The water heater connection
They also missed a 12+ foot unprotected SE cable inside a wall and the fact that there was one whole room with zero receptacles. Someone had a handy box surface mounted on the wall with a duplex in it and Romex going through the wall where it was plugged into a receptacle in the next room.

That was just the electrical.

Reply to
gfretwell

International Residential Code, part of the ICC suite of codes.

Reply to
gfretwell

Sounds about right. They likely noticed a cracked light switch plate and a faucet handle that was clocked about 15 degrees off - - - or mabee where someone had put their fist through a wall.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

They actually complained about some brick pavers that belonged to the neighbor.

Reply to
gfretwell