Larger Kerosene Tank Portable Heater

I am looking for ideas on how to more efficiently refill my portable kerosene heater in winter. I have one of those Kerosun or Toyo heaters with a small, 1 gallon or so rectangular kerosene tank with a wire handle that you have to lift out every so often to refill. The only problem is a full tank only lasts 2 evenings at most, then I have to pull the tank out, take it to the freezing garage, open the spout, lift a heavy 5-gallon kerosene container, refill it through the small opening until it tops off.

I find this too much of a hassle. My idea is to have 2 of these small tanks, 1 in use while 2 is being refilled. In addition, I need a 10 or

20-gallon or so kerosene container with a faucet or some other convenient dispensing mechanism that I can keep in the basement, and refilling is just a matter of turning the spigot on instead of having to lift a heavy 5-gallon container and spilling the contents trying to target the small hole. I would appreciate any ideas on how best to handle this with the least amount of going back and forth between the heater and the fuel source. Thanks much.
Reply to
Filipo

Look into one of those roll around tanks people use to refuel boats.

Reply to
Greg

Get yourself an electric syphon. They are made specifically for pumping kerosene and make the filling process quite effortless. I bought mine for $10 at Wal-mart.

Reply to
ceraboy

They make little pumps you can use so you dont have to lift the container. Clear plastic hoses and orange top.... Hand powered and battery powered. Check at the local friendly retailer who sells kerosene heaters.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.