Kudos to Scott's

I have an older Scotts rotary spreader, SR 3500 or some such.

Had a mechanical problem, details not important.

Called Scott's last Saturday, May 26, start of a 3 day weekend.

Reached a nice fellow, described my problem, and he gave me good instructions as to how to remedy it. He warned me that a certain internal plasic part in the flow rate settig cylinder might be broken, and told me that he was sending me a complt handle and flow rate control part replacement.

This thing is long out of warranty / guaranty, and at first I was surprised. Grateful, but surprised.

As I thought about it, I realized that Scotts is far more interested in selling lawn chemicals than spreaders. Thats where the repeat money making business is. Sort of like Gillettte in the late '40s and '50s just about giving away "safety razors" so you'd buy "Gillette Blue Blades".

I was able to fix the spreader flow control with the instructions the guy gave me.

Part showed up yesterday (Friday, June 1) by FedEx Ground.

Nice work Scott's. Folks available to give repair instructions on a Saturday of a 3 day weekend; free parts for an out of warranty / guaranty unit, and Scott's eats the cost of FedEx grund shipping.

Thats pretty good.

and told me that he was

Reply to
jJim McLaughlin