Kitchen sink disposal

I had read or seen somewhere that the majority of kitchen sink disposal units were made by a single company and it didn't matter too much in agonizing over the various different manufacturers. Perhaps it was the motor manufacturer.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks, Walter

Reply to
Walter Cohen

Without knowing more about the "somewhere" (see your paragraph, above), it's kind of hard to comment on this. If you don't remember the "somewhere", it probably wasn't a very impressive source, and any further discussion is not worth your time or energy.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Whirlpool owns In Sink Erator and Kitchen Aid and they are all the same, aside from cosmetics. I don't know about Badger.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

InSinkErator is/was headquartered in Racine, WI. They have nearly always had models called Badger 1, Badger 5, etc. I had heard that they make something like 75% of the disposals out there.

JK (In WI)

Reply to
Big_Jake

Prove it to yourself.

Go listen to a Insinkerator Evolution series disposal and then go listen to a cheap Kenmore and tell us if you think it's worth "agonizing over the various different manufacturers".

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Badger is (was?) the low end of InSinkErator

I would suggest an InSinkErator 555SS or better.....I changed over to many InSinkErator's over the years, had good luck with all (except Badger, a contractor special, which was typically the unit being replaced)

The nice thing about going over to InSinkErator is that it makes subsequent replacements a snap...... can be done in less than 15 minutes.

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

Go listen to a Insinkerator Evolution series disposal and then go listen to a cheap Kenmore and tell us if you think it's worth "agonizing over the various different manufacturers".

The Evolution may be TOL, but the Kenmore was made in the same factory.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski