kitchen cabinets on the cheap

I have been looking around for new kitchen cabinets.In a lot of cases, the cabinets themselves look the same (white mdf?) and it is just the doors and trim that make the cabinet.So I am thinking why not just put doors and trim on my existing cabinets and save money.Is it this easy?One thing I havent had time to check on is if the cabinets are standard sizes, and if I would be able to find doors at Home Depot that would fit my cabinets.Anyone know if cabinets are standard sizes?

Reply to
brent

No one can answer that without seeing the cabinets. Why don't you just measure your doors and drawer fronts, take a ride to Home Depot and measure theirs? At least you'd get the right answer that way, not guesses like you'd get here.

Reply to
jerryl

There are webage that specialize in replacement kitchen cabinets. Serach for them.

Reply to
scott21230

There are websites that specialize in replacement kitchen cabinet doors. I've never used them, but they looked good to me.

Reply to
scott21230

Good call - I know Rockler makes custom replacement doors and drawer fronts to your specified sizes - I priced some out about a year ago and they seemed pretty reasonable. (Didn't end up buying that house that needed them...)

also sell materials for refacing existing doors/drawers, and refacing existing cabinet frames and ends. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer. Andy

Reply to
aenewhouse

Is this an ad for Fancy Fronts. That's what they do. I don't know if they will just sell the fronts without the labor.

Reply to
mm