kitchen cabinets in bathroom

I am looking around for cabinets to make a vanity in my bathroom.There are a lot more avaliable options useing kitchen cabinets instead of bathroom cabinets.The only differance I can see are kitchen cabinets are 3 inches deeper.3 inches doesnt seem to be a big deal--but maybe I am missing something.Anyone have any experience on this? Thanks

Reply to
trexxxmeister

depends on your bathroom, how big is yours? you getting a custom vanity top? the added depth would make regular vanity tops not fit.

honestly i doubt you will save much money the big box home depots have pretty cheap vanitys, and another issue is matching the finish to the medicine cabinet

Reply to
hallerb

depends on your bathroom, how big is yours? you getting a custom vanity top? the added depth would make regular vanity tops not fit.

honestly i doubt you will save much money the big box home depots have pretty cheap vanitys, and another issue is matching the finish to the medicine cabinet

He didn't mention saving money. He said there were more options available.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I just went through this. I think the kitchen base cabinets are a little higher too. The supplier I used said a lot of people are going with the higher (kitchen-style) base cabinets in baths.

Reply to
BETA-33