Kinda OT.... OK, lots OT... Aftermarked Smartcar parts?

Don't really see any groups with much traffic in them for this query, so I thought I'd ask here.

We're looking at buying a "Smartcar" and I'm curious as to what kind of aftermarket parts there are for it here in Canada?

Definately looking for a sump pan with a drain plug, and considering wheels... and pretty much anything else.

Reply to
Noozer

The cars are hardly even on the market here in the US so I doubt there is much aftermarket stuff. You may want to check out some web sites in Europe. The Smart is all over there. Can't say I saw anything special though. I only know of one dealer so far in New Hampshire.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

There are lots of aftermarket parts for the smart. clubsmartcar.ca is a smart car oriented forum with tons of information on just about anything smart related. Many of the north american (mostly Canadian,) aftermarket merchants hang out there.

Reply to
blair.dean

Hmmm. The SMART is 1,600 lbs, 8 foot long, 4 feet wide, and five tall. Supposedly can get up to 60mpg.

About the same as my 1957 Volkswagon.

Reply to
HeyBub