keypad control for automatic garage door

Find out your make and model then look for a wireless solution. I had one on my old house. I got the keypad from Sears. Ok they were on the way home. It took a 9 v battery and worked well.

Reply to
SQLit

You can probably buy a generic box at home depot or Lowes that is wireless and comes with a key pad that goes where you want and a receiver which connects to any opener and mounts near the opener. Don't spend too much because most new openers come with a free keypad these days.

Reply to
Art

I would get one that is the same brand as the opener and then you will not have problems getting it set up. To set the key pad all you do is press the red program button on the opener and you got about 30 seconds to set the key pad, that is unless your opener is an antique. There are directions that come with the key pad that tell you how to program it. It is a no-brainer.

Reply to
Scott

would like to add a keypad to my garage door so the kids don't need a key for house entry

is it a big deal to install or do i just buy a generic keypad and run a wire to the opener?

Reply to
Bryan

Domino® makes a universal keyless entry that is compatible with all garage door openers.

Rich

Give each kid a key. A burglar will see your keypad, break the garage door window, open the garage door manually, drive their car inside, close the garage door, and then have unfettered access to your house via your unlocked back door.

Reply to
nielloeb

Ya, that's good thinking, because every burglar knows VERY few houses have garage door openers these days... they are pretty rare.

Reply to
Jack

" snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

The older wired keypads might have been that way, but the newer wireless ones aren't.

Brad

Reply to
Brad Bruce

I think that what Niel is saying is that the burglar would break one of the center windows to disconnect the door from the opener and lift the door manually. Not about a wired keypad.

Rich

Rich

Let me give u bozo's a clue as to how we get into houses with these keypads. When we're casing a neigborhood, after finguring out which houzes is vacant all day, we jus dust the keys with talc powder. da keys used the most often atract more powder cause they oily. a simple matter to whip thru all the combinations possible with just those keys.

Reply to
Craven Morehead