Kenmore Elite HE3 (Whirlpool) frontloader

Anyone know what this machine sometimes decides to do during the last minute of the spin cycle. Instead of going into fast spin, it will, for ages it seems, stop, go, pump, speed up, slow down, fall asleep, wake up, speed up, slow down, and finally do a fast spin. Might do the for 10 minutes or more it seems. What the heck is it doing and why? Been doing it on some loads since day one but it gets more obnoxious each year.

Reply to
Art

My Whirlpool front loader (Whipper makes the Kenmore) does the same thing. They said it's the water sensors, still detecting too much moisture and tries to spin it all out again before doing the final slow "untangle the laundry" spin. Mine did this mostly with towels until I cut down on the number that I put in. The books says something like 23 large bath towels, I'm lucky if it does 10.

Reply to
Lost in Translation

According to what I was told about ours, its "load balancing," and depending on the composition of the load it may take a little time; after all, you don't want it out of balance when it does that final fast spin!

Reply to
Grandpa Koca

Interesting enuf, sometimes it never goes into a fast spin after doing its load balencing act. In those cases I send it thru another fast spin cycle which it does immediately without the act so it seems to me Whirlpool/Kenmore has something really screwed up in these otherwise nice washers.

Reply to
Art