Kenmore dryer 70 series

The dryer stopped working this morning. When you set the timer and then press the start button, you hear a buzzing sound. It almost sounds like the motor is bound up. Is this a good starting point or should I be looking at something else?

Just wanted to ask here first before I start digging into it in case it is something else.

Chris

Reply to
ChrisGW

I forgot to mention. It is an electric dryer.

Chris

Reply to
ChrisGW

Could be dried motor berrings. Or, it could be that something else is binding the drum. Or, the belt may be snapped and the motor is spinning freely.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Turned out is was little plastic pellets that the grand son had in his pocket, which got lodged in the fan side of the motor and jammed it up. Quick fix and cheap fix, just my time. You have to love grand children.

Chris

Reply to
ChrisGW