Kenmore dishwasher

All of a sudden, my dishwasher has become very loud. Obviously something wrong with the pump, motor assembly (one or the other or both). I would like to take a look down into the assembly from the inside but I have no clue on how to remove the washarm and whatever else needs to be removed to take a look. I suspect something might be in the impeller (?) or whatever it's called.

Thanks

Reply to
Edee em

The arm usually lift right off. Under it, there may be a screen of some sort to filter the water so do some poking around. Once you remove the arm, turn the shaft by hand and listen for the noise ad it may help you find the source.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The arm did not lift off. It actually screws off. There is a plastic threaded piece at the top of the washarm assembly that holds the washarm.

New problem, however: I can't seem to find a way past the filter. Moving it feels like I'm moving the motor and everything else that's in there. The washarm assembly is held down with some sort of screw but I don't recognize the head at all. Don't know if it's torque or phillips. Are different types of screws used in dishwashers or what's the shortcut here?

Thanks

Reply to
Edee em