Keeping laminate flooring clean...

Hi Everyone,

We just installed Mohawk laminate floating floors throughout hour livingroom, hallway, kitchen, and dining room, but I wanted to ask what others with similar installations have used to keep things clean. Also, how paranoid should we be about keeping them try? The cleaning instructions say to never let water stand on the floors, but say our baby drools or we drop a few drops while doing dishes... should we be quick to jump down and clean it up?

As for cleaners, the instructions say to only use the Mohawk cleaner, but given we can't find that stuff locally, what else do you guys suggest? Also what chemicals can be used or not used? And what about brooms, are there any that will scratch while others safer?

Thanks for any suggestions. Our floors look great, so I want to do whatever we can to keep'em that way.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

  • Keep 'em swept. Various models of "Dust-buster-on-a-stick" vacuums work well.
  • Don't worry about incidental moisture.
  • A cup of vinegar in a gallon of water used to damp mop should prove ample for sticky nastiness. A substitute for "Mohawk" cleaner can be a similar product from any other laminate maker (i.e., Bruce).
Reply to
HeyBub

A "swiffer" type mop, used daily, will help remove grit. Damp mop once or twice weekly. Water splashes may leave a mark, but should not harm a well-finished floor

Reply to
Phisherman

Might be interesting to learn what pros use Check your Yellow Pages for Janitorial Supplies and visit the store. Unlike supermarkets, they tend to sell things that really work. You will probably even find products there that could make some other household chores a lot easier. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Bruce Hardwood and Laminate Floor Cleaner (spray container) available in Home Depot or Lowes flooring department. I spray and then wipe with a large swiffer type push mop available in the same stores. hth

Reply to
Shelly

Hi Alex,

Sorry you never got any replies.

I am trying to decide on installing laminate flooring.

How do you like it so far?

What did you find to clean it?

Thanks.

Kate

Alex wrote:

Reply to
Kate

I believe that I provided an answer some time ago - anyway, I use Bruce hardwood and laminate floor cleaner and a large replaceable/washable head for a mop similar to a Swiffer. hth

Reply to
Shelly