Karndean flooring

I'm looking for some hardwearing flooring for our kitchen.

I've ruled out engineered board as an option (even the water resistant stuff) as it's just gonna get too may dents and scrapes. Its a very modern kitchen so traditional ceramic/stone tiles are gonna look odd.

Seen some reasonable Karndean floor tile reviews and wondered if anyone had any personal experiences? Seems a bit expensive for what it is at first glance.

TIA

Midge.

Reply to
Midge

Can't commend on Karndean, but we have quite a lot of Amtico in our house (2 bathrooms, hallway, study and downstairs cloakroom). Very good, looks fantastic, hard wearing and 15 year guarantee for domestic installations. Easy to clean, quick vacuum to get of dust then wipe down with a damp cloth. It is expensive, not really a DIY product to install as the guarantee is only valid if a genuine registered fitter is used (I think).

slider

Karndean is very good. Our kitchen was done about five years ago and it still looks as good as new.

Reply to
Stickems.

You get what you pay for

Colin

Reply to
Colin Jackson

I have Karndean in my bathroom - I couldn't be more pleased with it.

Kev

Reply to
Ret.

Cheers Kev. As it happens my plasterer was here this aft (I'm gradually purging the house ceilings of Artex!) and we were talking flooring and he's had Karndean down in his kitchen for years and reckons it's great too.

I think that's made my mind up!

Midge

Reply to
Midge