Is this just me?

I call them Taco Bells without the sign. Any options like switched ceiling lights and fans are options. Some large dev elopements have building inspectors on site, so things move fast. A mid-range home is bland. The "street of dream homes" are spectacular, but I don't have the millions for one and I don't fit in there well.

I think the last time people numbers were mentioned and I divided those numbers it was like 1 person a minute, moving here on average.

Oren

oren

Is there water for all those folks?

Banty

Reply to
Banty

This week, yes. Next week? Who knows. Lake Mead has dropped considerately in the past couple of years. People still want lush green lawns in the desert and use water that should not be for it. Humidity is noticeably higher in the past ten years.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Real sod" is now restricted in new construction. Synthetic grass is being used if one wants the look. We have water restrictions and those with lawns water on given days. The water authority will pay a home owner to remove sod, given proper inspections.

A picture of the water level:

oren

You hit this one right on the nail. The reason the houses are so bland, is because they build them way too big. And part of the reason they are so big is because there are no usable attics and such for storage. Then all that space has to be heated and cooled, and cleaned. I wouldn't even want a house as big as most of the new ones. Give me a smaller house build of solid materials, WITH an attic and basement, and make it look nice. It dont need to be real fancy, just use a few angles, and a little gingerbread trim, and NO plastic siding. I lived in a house most of my life that was about 900 sq. ft. and had a useable attic which had one finished room, and a nice basement. That was plenty room for me.

Reply to
maradcliff