Is there a single useful Apple iOS camera capability that isn't already on Android?

In < nospam suggested:

They had to say "your opinion is duly noted" so many times that even you stopped trolling them with your nonsense.

you're lying.
as i said, jeff lieberman, who knows way more about networking than everyone in that thread *combined*, agrees with what i said.
the simple fact is that you made a complete fool of yourself.

As he does *regularly*. : )

That is simply a lie.
--
I WILL NOT HIDE BEHIND THE FIFTH AMENDMENT Bart chalkboard Ep. 7F18

In < Lewis suggested:

Your unsubstantiated opinion is duly noted.

BitTorrent has iOS apps, dipshit troll liar.
--
Love seekest only self to please, To bind another to its delight Joys in
another's loss of ease And builds a hell in Heaven's despite!

Whooosh.

What can Android do that my iPad can't? And since I also have a real camera, a Nikon, that is pretty shockproof, waterproof, and can do things neither iPad or some Android thing can do, what does it matter?
--
biblioholic medievalist via iPad

On 4/30/2017 3:39 PM, Erilar wrote:

It doesn't. It only matters to the owner/user if the features of a product works for the intent for which they purchased. Of course, it also matters to the insecure whiners who can't ignore when someone thinks they have a great product. It's similar to motorcycle riders who hate HD owners because HD owners still think it's all American and the ultimate machine. Big deal! Friendly banter is one thing, over zealous attempts to prove otherwise is childishly inferior and asinine.
In < Meanie suggested:

As a rider myself, I can categorically say that it's my opinion that no HD owner actually thinks his bike is "better" functionally than other bikes.
It's completely different. It's American iron. It's iconic. It's historic (Milwaukee even trademarked the *sound* they emit, for heaven's sake, so that it wouldn't be copied by the rice burners).
But nobody riding a Harley thinks the bike stands a snowball's chance in Hell outperforming even a rice burner of similar size, let alone a beemer.
The Hog owner *knows* his machine's limitations, unlike the iPhone/iPad owner.
On 4/30/2017 5:06 PM, Tomos Davies wrote:

Nowhere did I say "better".

Check your facts. They tried for 6 years and withdrew the application in 2000 claiming it had won in the court of public opinion. They also tried to trademark the term "Hog" and failed.

You need to get out more and check those facts as well instead of whining in forums with attempted chest thumping of issues your insecure ego can't handle.

Yet many inferior souls don't know their limitations of whining levels.
In < Meanie suggested:

Thank you for pointing out the distinction.
In both cases though, the distinction is that the *personality* of the person who choose one platform over the other is distinctly different.
HOG vs Beemer vs RICER (totally different personalities & affluence levels) iOS vs Android (completely different personalities in most cases)
It's sort of like the difference in personality between some guy who asks What synthetic oil does BMW tell me to put in my bimmer?
Anyone who even *asks* that question should get the answer that you should only put in LL-01 certified oil (depending on the model year) and nothing else (which knocks out perfectly good oils simply because they're not certified).
But a person who asks simply "what oil do you use" gets a different answer, that has a bit more detail such as API quality levels and SAE viscosity constraints and cost/composition considerations (given there are multiple "types" of motor oils that meet API and SAE needs at the base level).
My point is that the iOS user and Android user personality follows the same pattern that you can tell, from the question, what the user *wants* to hear as the answer.
One wants to feel "safe" by the answer; the other just wants the correct answer.

Thanks for correcting the trademarking of the distinctive tailpipe sound. I had always thought that a rather unusual request for respite from competition.

I think my ego is quite secure, but you're welcome to attack my facts. I learn from what others say and I'm not afraid to state the facts.

Look above to see who is actually whining.
I presented verifiable facts in my answer to Erilar for example. Where are yours to support your (completely wrong) answer to Erilar?
If you can't tell us that my facts are wrong, then your answer to her was dead wrong - and therefore you did her a disservice.
On 4/30/2017 6:24 PM, Tomos Davies wrote:

WTF? I'm not reading Erilar's replies or disputing anything about the IOS. I'm calling you out on your pathetic diatribes while cross posting in a group not even associated with iPhone or electronics for that matter.

Again, WTF are you talking about? No, forget that. I don't care. You have issues.
What part of "let it go" do you fail to comprehend? You thumped your chest with your so called facts about IOS.....BRAVO! Job well done? You da man! You just don't know when to quit. Fortunately, I do.
On 4/30/2017 6:24 PM, Tomos Davies wrote:

BTW, you aren't stating facts. You were wrong about HD's trademark and assuming all HD owners think alike. Don't confuse your opinion with facts. Facts = truth. You stated nothing of the sort. I'm beginning to see the problem with you.
In < Meanie suggested:

You are correct that Harley failed to trademark their potato-potato-potato sound, but only because it's really hard to tradmark a sound.
There's nothing in the Lanham Act that precludes trademarking a sound mind you, and certainly MGM, THX, Nissan, NBC, T-Mobile, 20th Century Fox, Duracell, Samsung, Harlem Globetrotters, McDonalds, Sony, Lucasfilms, Intel, Nokia, and AAMCO have all successfully trademarked sounds.
But, I agree, Harley, as you noted, tried vehemently for six years straight, and finally gave up, as their case was too weak from the start.
In < Erilar suggested:

Erilar,
I only speak facts. But I don't mince words. Meanie is completely wrong.
He doesn't appear to know what he's talking about. He's just guessing. Or, he's parrotting what Apple told him to say.
You can tell he has no idea what he's talking about because not only is he dead wrong, but he provided you with zero facts that support his opinion that they have the same app functionality.
When it's easily provable otherwise.
The Android device has so much more app functionality than an iPad or iPhone that it's not even close. It's a superset. But it depends on what you actually *do* with the device.
BTW, it's not the Apple hardware that makes Apple mobile devices inferior in functionality to Android app functionality because Apple hardware is generally pretty good.
It's Apple who cripples what the apps can do functionally.
Even jailbroken, Apple iOS devices are less functional than similarly rooted Android devices, but that's more due to the market catering to rooted devices than to the hardware since theorectially, once you remove Apple's shackles, the hardware is about the same.
Assuming non jailbroken non rooted devices, there's no question that Android device functionality is a superset of iOS functionality.
But everything depends on what *you* care about. If all you do is web browse, watch videos, and snap photos, the fact that iOS app functionality is cripped won't even be noticeable to you.
But if you want to organize your desktop the way you want, and as I have my Android device organized, you'll find *that* completely impossible on iOS: An organizational task as trivially simple as putting an icon wherever you want it on your desktop, on any grid, of any size, in any location, is just impossible on the primitive iOS app launcher.
http://i.cubeupload.com/XchWXl.gif
On the primitive iOS launcher, you can't do the simplest organizational tasks such as renaming icons; you can't delete any one you one from your desktop (on iOS you can only delete "some"); you can't put them in duplicate locations; you can't have them organized in a fully functional app-drawer app (all you can do is make dumb folders named "app drawer", as if Apple expects every user to come up with their own solution.
The primitive look and feel of iOS extends far (much further) than just the primitive app launcher in that on iOS you can't even select a *different* app launcher (which is trivial to do on Android) which has other features.
The iOS apps themselves are crippled.
For example, on Android it's trivial to watch youtube videos without ever seeing any ads, and to download either the audio or the video of those youtube videos from that same app. On iOS you will never be ad free like you are on Android and you have to resort to third party web sites or some other mechanism just to download the video or audio.
On iOS, you can't bit torrent. Apple won't let you. On Android you can.
On iOS, you can't even get a graphical display of your wifi output over time for heaven's sake. Something as simple as indicating the cellular tower strength and unique cell id is impossible on iOS, for example.
On iOS, you can't even output your list of installed apps to an editable text files, for heaven's sake, without having to install iTunes on a separate computer just to do something as simple as that.
You can't save your APK (app installer zip files) after the fact and then reinstall them on any similar iOS device, which is trivial to do on Android.
If you want Wifi or cellular connection logging, it's trivial on Android, and impossible on iOS. Same with automatic call answering and automatic call recording (although nospam just recently said it was finally on iOS but he lies so often that we'd have to doublecheck everything he says - but I'm willing to check that for you if you're interested).
You can't even back up the *entire* device (the iOS users "say" they can but they have a different (ka Apple Marketing) definition of "entire" than the rest of the world does). Hence backtracking in versions is vastly more problematic on iOS than on Android.
Heck, you can't even bluetooth a file from an iOS device to *any* computer not on a local network (aka an "ad hoc network" or "ad hoc file transfer services", because Apple feels you don't need to ever do that (except when you do - the Apple users just give up and you get your files across).
You can't set the screen orientation by app on iOS, and you can't have it different for the desktop versus for the apps either.
And we're not even talking about the crippling hardware limitations of all Apple mobile devices such as the batteries, external storage, inductive coupling, native dual sims, FM radios, etc. (which some Android devices also lack).
And that's just some stuff I know about offhand, where every one of those issues above has its own thread on how to do it in the Apple newsgroups, where the answer is that not a single iOS user can do it.
They *say* they do it - but not one of them actually can because all they do is lie about things which are factually provable.
Given that's the list I thought of, offhand, for you, you can imagine how many *other* things Android does that iOS can't do. Remember, we've *asked* many times if there is any app functionality that iOS can do that Android doesn't already do, and *nobody* can come up with anything more than Apple trademarks for things that already exist on Android (e.g., payment methods, file transfer methods, remote dialing methods, etc.).
Bear in mind that Meanie responded to you without providing any facts whereas I provide verifiable fact. Keep that in mind.
Having said that I provide verifiable facts, it may be that all you do is browse the web and listen to music on your iPad, in which case the two platforms are functionally similar.
It's only when you try to do stuff not scripted by the Apple Marketing Machine that you find out that it's impossible to do *lots* of stuff on the primitive closed-system iOS interface, which is trivial to do on the more modern more open Android interface.
I hope you appreciate the detail because most people won't risk stating facts on a Usenet thread but I do and while the iOS users will scream and cry that my facts are wrong - you'll notice that they will NOT provide the facts to support their opinion.

Sooooo many thing:
Run viruses. Install Rootkits to send all your data (ALL) to China.
Install firmware viruses that you cannot mitigate against
Run "normal" apps that invade your privacy and track everything you do and everywhere you go and send that data to ad bots, malware bots, and nefarious hosts that will pwn your device.
Install software you didn't know was being installed or want installed along side something you thought you did want.
Automatically place calls to very expensive "900" type numbers or make "in-app" purchases without you knowledge.
Watermark your photographs with your personal information so that "authorities" can prove you were the one who took a picture they didn't like.
Automatically send all your photographs to a government agency (or private company) without your knowledge.
Run background tasks indiscriminately that drain your battery and your data allotment.
And so many other things.
Yeah, Android CAN do so much more.
--
Don't congratulate yourself too much, or berate yourself either. You
choices are half chance; so are everybody else's.

Apple cripples what iOS can do just so that the user can *feel* safe.
The weakest link in any consumer mobile device is what makes the device unsafe, not the operating system.

Lewis ... you are an enigma because you are on the a.u.e newsgroups, which usually only intelligent people are on, but you have never once in your life posted anything resembling technical acumen on the technical newsgroups.

Nope. iOS is infinitely more secure than Android since android is *not* secure.

You wouldn't know technical acumen if it beat you about the head and shoulders.
--
The only reason for walking into the jaws of Death is so's you can steal
His gold teeth. --Colour of Magic

You sure showed me. HINT: Look up the words to see what they mean and then follow the point.