Is Angie's List a Scam???

I take issue with the prior review. Four of my neigbors and I all hired Mm2005 Products and Services for services, and 3 other neighbors bought products from them. It was bad, bad, bad, all bad. Finally this nice man came to my door representing Acme Services and Products.

AS&P does everything Mm2005 does and they do it right. I've used them and I've told all my neighbors and friends about them. Of course my family already knew my son-in-law, so I didn't have to tell them.

AS&P does a great job.

Reply to
mm

I asked about Angie's List a while back and got no responses from anyone who had actually signed up. I too am very curious. The site seems mysterious! It is a site that is oriented towards local service reviews, but you have to pay to become a member and participate.

Compare this to reseller ratings which rates merchandisers, but is basically free because it is supported by advertising. I have a lot of faith in RR as I have been there for years, posted good and bad reviews, and benefited tremendously from other people's comments. You might wonder if the advertising would somehow taint things, but so far I just haven't seen anything to confirm that, and no one seems to be getting upset about it. It might be a model for angie's list to try out.

On the other hand, there is a non-profit organization that does local service ratings called CheckBook and they do ask for donations to cover their operation costs. The downside is that few know about it, so there is a lack of data for your local businesses. Quite often the one I am curious about just doesn't show up in their listings

Olivia Dunham

Well Olivia, perhaps it's because you're out there on the Fringe. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas