Paint for Lighting Fixtures

I want to paint a lighting fixture and the metal rods it hangs from as well as the ceiling cap to a different color. What paint can I use that will not cause it to loose its UL rating or simply what paint can I use to prevent violation of codes etc. What is the nation code for the paint that can be used for lighting fixtures. I would assume any fire retardant paint would do.

Thanks

Reply to
DJH

Local codes (if any) not national would apply. High temperature automotive paint would do but limited to color selection unless you just want black or white.

Reply to
Meat Plow

You don't want a fire retardant paint. They are formulated to prevent combustible materials, such as wood, from igniting.

You just need an oil-base enamel with a moderately high temperature rating.

Reply to
Karl S